7.26.2006

Do the humpty-hump. Let’s do the humpty hump! (This one's for you John.)

Happy Hump Day everyone. Bet you didn't know the term hump day was first used by the media in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1965. Those Minnesotans sure know how to hump.

Wednesday originated from the Middle English (which derived from Old English) word Wednes dei, which refers to the Old German God, Woden. I saw a picture of Woden and I'm pretty sure he was never called Sir Hump-a-lot.

When Sunday was taken as the first day of the week, Wednesday became the middle of the week... a la Hump Day! Ironically, says Wikipedia, Wednesday is also unofficially referred to as the "peak of the week." Yes, how ironic.

All this talk of Hump Day reminds me of that time when Suzanne was 4 or 5 and we convinced her to ask Mom if she wanted to hump her! Should we call you Suzamme, or Humpty, pronounced with a Umpty? Ahhhh...char char char char char!

I like to rhyme,
I like my beats funky,
I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment