3.09.2010

Is this what they serve in heaven?


To start Marie’s 31st year off on the right foot, myself, Marie, and Brian made our way to the Blue Duck Tavern at the Park Hyatt in DC for brunch. Brunch being one of my favorite meals offered at restaurants on the weekend (you can choose breakfast, lunch, or combined dishes…what more could you ask for?), I was excited before we ever even arrived.


When we first sat down and got a glimpse of the menu, I was even more excited about what was in store for us. The menu consists of items from a baked cinnamon bun French toast to rock shrimp and scrambled eggs. However, the deliciousness doesn’t stop at the food. The drink menu had it’s own twist on your typical brunch hangover cures with items like the bloody maria, a bloody mary with a tequila base instead of vodka, and a pomegranate champagne cocktail.


After a much needed debate I ended up ordering an apple-ginger mojito and the seasonal quiche which was filled with mushrooms and Italian cheeses. We started the meal off with crabcakes which had little to no filler and mostly all delicious lumps of crab. Marie ordered the sourdough baked pancake with dry cherries while Brian opted for the short rib hash. There was nothing on the table that I would not take a trip back for, everything was amazing!


In honor Victoria, I have decided to make a list of the next five things that I want to try at Blue Duck Tavern:


  1. Baked Cinnamon Bun French Toast
  2. Scrambled Eggs with Rock Shrimp
  3. Homemade croissants and jams
  4. Croque Madame
  5. Hand Cut BDT Triple Fries


Much thanks to Marie and Brian for including me in this brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment