10.23.2006

Blu's Birthday Bash


After enjoying a priceless conversation with our mother this evening, I thought that it would be cruel of me to not share it with the rest of you. Please take into consideration that prior to the hilariousness of her story we were having an intellectual conversation about school and world issues (believe it or not). Also, please see bottom of script for definitions of starred terms and special notes.

Me: So Mom, what's new at the big Nutt?* What have you been doing lately?

Mom: Well, October 19th was Blu's birthday and NO ONE remembered.

Me: hahaha (thinking...of course I didn't remember...it's the dog. Then again, according to Mom and our grandparents Blu knows the days of the week, so why wouldn't he know his birthday.)

Mom: So, on Wednesday I left work early and went home to make Blu a fried chicken dinner.

Me: Did he enjoy that? (still laughing)

Mom: Oh yeah, he loved it! So, I made him his dinner and I sang him "Happy Birthday" and he kept looking at me like I was crazy.

Me: Probably because you were singing to him.

Mom: Well no, that's not why. I realized the next day, on Thursday, when I went to work that the day before was the 18th! That's why he looked at me so crazy, it was because I was celebrating his birthday on the wrong day. Luckily I had some leftovers and so he got birthday dinner again on Thursday.

Me: Thank God.

*the big Nutt: a slang term used by three girls and a boy when referring to Massanutten
*No judgement is allowed. She just feels everyone deserves a birthday celebration.

Before you know it Ho will be saying, "Just like Clyde, Blu is not a dog, he is a person."

No comments:

Post a Comment