10.11.2006

The Coffee Incident

It might be hump day, but that's the only good thing I can say about this day so far. Already an hour late for work (don't ask why), I pull into the parking garage, badge in one hand, coffee in the other (and oh yeah, I'm driving too). I have to shift gears, so I put my coffee in my lap and wouldn't you know it... the whole damn thing tips over. It's hot. I can feel it singeing my Lady Menorah. There's nothing I can do but let it sit there, fully seeping through to the back of my pants until I find a parking space 5 minutes later. Obviously I can't assess the damage sitting in my car in a dim parking garage, so I get out to inspect my crotch. I grab a few dunkin donuts napkins and start wiping away when I hear the screech of car tires. I look up, napkins in hand, and meet the eyes of two men who have no idea what the hell just happened. So, I did what any self-respecting lady would do: grabbed my things, and walked - head held high - into the building. Wet crotch and all. Now if only I could get that coffee smell to go away.

1 comment:

  1. Lady Menorah- Beautiful vocabulary. A little shout out to me pleeeaaasseee.

    ReplyDelete