2.03.2010

The Ball Sack Adjustment

I work in a very male-dominated, testerone and ego-filled environment. Some days I love it. Some days I want to jump out the window. Unfortunately ladies, most of these men are over the age of 45, slowly balding, with bad suits, and growing pot bellies.  But back to the subject at hand (literally). I have a question for the five people who read this blog.

What is up with men adjusting themselves in the middle of a conversation, meeting, or presentation?

A few of my male colleagues (and boss) do this constantly, and its all I can do to keep from slapping their hands away from their crotches.  It is never discreet, often while sitting (which makes it even more obvious because sometimes a hip or leg lift is also required), and often while I am sitting or standing directly across from said male. Isn't this inappropriate? Isn't this one of those things your mom or dad teach when you're a little boy?  Or something your wife nags about? Is there an appropriate response or mannerly advice regarding the public ball sack adjustment, or will the victims of such flagrant acts forever remain victims, scarred by the careless and barbarian acts of our males colleagues?

1 comment:

  1. I've seen it several times in my office as well and of course the ratio of men to women here is 5:1. I've come to believe that they just don't care and will do it whenever and wherever.

    ReplyDelete