2.25.2010

What You Need to Know! Week of 2/22/2010

Right on schedule... I have to say the snow gods are finally looking out for me as this blizzard so kindly decided to miss us and head up North this go around. I've never been so happy to wake up and not see snow. If we can make it through March without anymore snow, I will be a happy lady.

So one of the stories on today's news cycle is the woman who was killed at Sea World after being dragged under water by a killer whale. While this is tragic, I dont understand why people still act surprised when wild animals attack after being put in domestic,controlled environments. Especially when the animal has the word "killer" in its name. The worst part is there have been reports from people that the whale seemed "agitated" in the day/hours before the attack. That should be a sign to back off for a while. Any woman can attest to that. One word for you... Crikey!

This weekend marks the end of 2010 Winter Olympic games in Vancouver so I would like to take this opportunity to talk about how much I love the Olympics. They have so much to offer: the fierce competition, cinderella stories. You get to learn about the culture of the host city/country. There's something for everyone. So for my list of the week here are my 5 favorite winter olympic events:
5. Half Pipe
4. Hockey
3. Ski Jumping
2. Speed Skating
1. Cross Events- Ski Cross, Snowboard Cross

No comments:

Post a Comment