2.02.2010

What You Need to Know! Week of 2/1/2010

I'll tell you what you need to know.... WINTER F'ING BLOWS!
Its the middle of the week. I havent been able to get into the office for a full day all week and don't think I will due to bad weather, babysitter's kids are sick, etc AND I'm having the busiest week I've had in about a year. So, its almost 9:00 (in the PM) and I'm sitting at my dining room table trying to get work done (but actually blogging and drinking a beer). I spent 2 hours this evening scouring the greater Richmond area for a pair of snow boots.... couldnt find any. Not to mention they are calling for even more bad weather this weekend. So on this Groundhog Day in the year 2010, I say SUCK IT, PHIL! AND SUCK IT HARD!
Tomorrow I will continue my search for winter boots and head to the grocery store to stock up on whatever is left on the shelves. (Just so you know, I'm not one of those people who buys 10 loaves of bread and 12 dozen eggs everytime there's a flurry. I haven't been to the store in 3 weeks and we ate the last piece of protein in the house for dinner tonight... and I'm going to need more beer)
If I didnt have a job, and could eat Chinese food and pizza every day, and didnt have a crazy dog that wants to go out every 5 minutes I wouldnt mind the bad weather so much. Unfortunately for me, that is not the case.
So that is all I know this week... sorry.
Marie, can't NOAA do something about this?

1 comment:

  1. This is one reason why I live above a grocery store, across the street from the metro, and 6 blocks from a street full of bars.

    We got 3 more inches Tues night (did you?) and NWS is calling for another snow event Fri and Sat that will have a significant impact. Richmond is on the rain/snow line. Happy Groundhog Day!

    ReplyDelete