2.17.2010

SNOW TESTED WILL POWER - My Physical Challenge Update

As you can see from Marie's post below, the Washington DC area got a little snow over the past couple weeks. A crippling 36 inches to be exact. I choose the word crippling here very carefully because that is exactly what snow does to my day to day routine, cripples it. For this reason I have compiled the short list that you will see below.

FIVE THINGS I HATE ABOUT SNOW

5. I have Raynaud's Phenomenon. I'm cold. Always. No snow necessary.

4. I can't drive in wet weather. It makes me slip and immediately vomit on myself following, literally.

3. The majority of people can't drive in wet weather. They scare me and make me want to vomit on them.

2. I like to watch the snow. This doesn't sound like a problem, however, the best place to watch it from my apartment is from the front windows which are conveniently located next to the kitchen/pantry/fridge. I am fatter than I was two weeks ago.

1. I can't drive (already mentioned), I can't run (that's just stupid), and I park my ass in the kitchen. Add these all up and you get limited race training, a hold on yoga, and increased eating. Again, I am fatter than I was two weeks ago.

Needless to say, the snow can be pretty and fun for the first day, but by day four of working from my apartment and a tiny lap top, it's enough to make anyone go crazy.

In addition to working from home, I also have had to alter my physical challenge. Yoga has been cut back to once a week because it is almost impossible to find parking in the city due to the mountains of snow randomly placed along the side streets and running has been limited to indoors only. I'm not a hamster. I don't like the treadmill so I would be lying if I said my runs were never cut short.

This morning was the first time I had the courage to step on a scale since the first flake of snow fell and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Nothing has changed. Not really what I was hoping for four weeks into my challenge, but could be worse. Damn you window by the pantry. Damn you.

More to come...

1 comment: