9.30.2010

I Couuuuuld Eat


My day today has been consumed by food! And not just any food, some of my FAVORITE foods! I blame it on the gray skies and endless rain. Let me just give you the rundown (obviously in list form)...

1. The day started with toast with butter and apple butter...that's right, double butter please. To make this start a little sweeter, might I add that this toast was made with the one and only Wonder white bread.

2. Lunch was a cup of gumbo (which could have been better but it was from the work cafeteria and all the andouille sausage was picked out...lame) with a side of cornbread (yessssss)

3. Snack! Are you ready for it? Chicken Cordon Bleu Balls. Here's what I want you to do, say that out loud (chicken cordon bleu balls) and not giggle. We had a party at work where these little gems were served up. I found a recipe online for something similar, check it out and try them - http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chicken-cordon-bleu-bites/Detail.aspx.

4. Dinner. My roommate Kelly has never had a french dip sandwich. WEIRD, I know. So I whipped up some when I got home from work and served them with a side of sweet potato fries. Check out the recipe and the end result on her blog. www.becausesissaidso.blogspot.com.

6. Now for tomorrow...I have a new flavor of Ben and Jerry's that Meg picked up at the store (Milk and Cookies)in the freezer that is dying for a taste, jelly bellies are on the counter, and last but most certainly not least...KOZY SHACK CINNAMON AND RAISIN RICE PUDDING!!! What can I say? I have the taste buds of a 80 year old and love it and when I walked past this pudding aisle it called out to me like an old friend.

Are you drooling yet? Happy snacking. Hopefully it's on comfort foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment