1.14.2010

What You Need to Know! Week of 1/11/2010

We are in the second week of the new year and things seem to be getting back to normal. Don’t know if that’s good or bad. Big news this week is the earthquake in Haiti. I’ve seen pictures of the damage online and on the news and its pretty nasty. Here are some websites for organizations providing relief in Haiti. Please donate what you can.
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
http://www.redcross.org/
http://www.unicefusa.org/

On a much lighter note, I’m looking forward to some better gridiron action this weekend since 3 out of the 4 playoff games last weekend were total suckfests. Here are my predictions (Feel free to add your predictions in the comments):

AFC Championship
Chargers over Colts

NFC Championship
Saints over Vikings

Superbowl
Chargers win it all!

Not only is there playoff football to keep you on the edge of your seat this weekend, but the 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards will be held Sunday evening which are just as thrilling to me. As an award show enthusiast, the Golden Globes is my favorite award show because it combines both television and movie awards. I love the red carpet interviews, the fashion, the speeches. Its fantastic! Not to mention the hilarious Ricky Gervais is hosting this year. Its must see tv. And here are my predictions for the Globes:
(I’ll let you know how I did next week)

Best Motion Picture- Drama
Avatar
The Hurt Locker – My Pick (upset!)
Inglorious Basterds
Precious
Up in the Air

Best Actor-Drama
Tobey Maguire- Brothers
Jeff Bridges- Crazy Heart
George Clooney- Up in the Air
Colin Firth- A Single Man
Morgan Freeman- Invictus – My Pick

Best Actress- Drama
Emily Blunt- The Young Victoria
Sandra Bullock – The Blind Side
Helen Mirren- The Last Station
Carey Mulligan- An Educaton – My Pick
Gabourey Sidibe- Precious

Best Supporting Actor
Matt Damon- Invictus
Woody Harrelson- The Messenger
Christopher Plummer- The Last Station
Stanley Tucci- The Lovely Bones
Christoph Waltz – Inglorious Basterds – My Pick

Best Supporting Actress
Penelope Cruz- Nine
Vera Farmiga – Up in the Air
Anna Kendrick- Up in the Air – My Pick
Monique- Precious
Julianne Moore- A Single Man

Best Motion Picture Comedy
500 Days of Summer
The Hangover
Its Complicated – My Pick
Julie and Julia
Nine

Best Actor- Comedy
Matt Damon- The Informant
Daniel Day-Lewis- Nine – My Pick
Robert Downey Jr – Sherlock Holmes
Joseph Gordon-Levitt- 500 Days of Summer
Michael Stuhlbarg- A Serious Man

Best Actress- Comedy
Sandra Bullock- The Proposal
Marion Cotillard- Nine
Meryl Streep – Its Complicated
Meryl Street – Julie and Julia – My Pick
Julia Roberts – Duplicity

Best Series- Drama
Big Love
Dexter
House
Mad Men – My Pick
True Blood

Best Actor- Drama Series
Simon Baker- The Mentalist
Michael C. Hall – Dexter – My Pick
Jon Hamm – Mad Men
Hugh Laurie- House
Bill Paxton- Big Love

Best Actress- Drama Series
Glenn Close- Damages
January Jones- Mad Men
Julianna Margulies – The Good Wife
Anna Paquin- True Blood – My Pick
Kyra Sedgwick – The Closer

Best Series- Comedy
30 Rock
Entourage
Glee
Modern Family – My Pick
The Office

Best Actor- Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin- 30 Rock
Steve Carell- The Office
David Duchovny – Californication
Thomas Jane- Hung – My Pick
Matthew Morrison- Glee

Best Actress- Comedy Series
Toni Collette – United States of Tara
Courtney Cox- Cougar Town
Edie Falco – Nurse Jackie – My Pick
Tina Fey – 30 Rock
Lea Michele- Glee

1 comment:

  1. This is clearly a little late since your Chargers Superbowl pick is thrown out the window, but I say Vikings all the way!

    p.s.- Did anyone see the Vikings' "Pants on the Ground" chant in the locker room after stomping the Cowboys yesterday?? Unfortunately, no, Farve does not actually take his pants to the ground, but it's still pretty good stuff!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvWiPE-XTGI

    (double p.s.- Victoria, I haven't seen you in forever! Olivia is beautiful, congrats!) :)

    ReplyDelete